We believe that the Lord Jesus both taught and practiced the need to "get away" for spiritual reflection and inspiration. Twin Pines is dedicated to providing a place where people of all ages can "get away" to a quiet place and find renewed strength.
Jesus said this to His disciples, "'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest,' so they went away by themselves to a solitary place." (Mark 6:31-32 NIV)
TWIN PINES' PURPOSE
Twin Pines' purpose is to make Christ known as the Author of His Word and His World.
TWIN PINES' MISSION
Twin Pines' mission is to assist The Church with its mission of making Christ-like disciples by utilizing the resources of God's Word and God's Creation.
TWIN PINES' CORE VALUES
1. PASSION FOR CHRIST as demonstrated by our commitment to the authority of the Bible, the centrality of prayer and the pursuit of holiness. Our programming will reflect our affirmation of the Bible as the authoritative, inerrant and inspired Word of God. The faith and doctrine expressed in our planning and programming will be grounded in the Bible and the Bible will guide all of our decision making. Prayer will be a central part of our planning and programming and will be a central emphasis with all of our guests. Holiness of heart and life will be a major emphasis of our teaching and programming. We will plan and program with Christ at the center of all we do.
2. COMPASSION FOR THE LOST as demonstrated by evangelism and acts of mercy on a local, national and global scale. As we make Christ central in our planning and programming, it will follow that we will help our guests to move from their passion for Christ to compassion for the lost world. We will help our guests understand Christ-like mercy and how that will impact our world to meet both the physical and spiritual needs of our world.
3. SERVANT LEADERSHIP as demonstrated by the training and development of men and women for mission and ministry. We will move beyond evangelism in our programming to produce mature Christians who will grow up to be trained and equipped servant leaders in the Kingdom of God. Leaders will be trained to train others so as to multiply the number of servant leaders available for mission and ministry.
4. HEALTHY MINISTRIES as demonstrated by changed lives through culturally sensitive programs. Our ministry will be one that is culturally sensitive as we endeavor to minister to peoples of all races and cultures. In like manner it is our intent to encourage people who come to Twin Pines to invest their changed lives in the life of their local church to help every church become a healthy community of faith reaching out with more culturally sensitive programs.
5. UNITY IN THE BODY OF CHRIST as demonstrated by the networking of ministries to and with the Evangelical Congregational Churches and the larger Kingdom of God. Our ministry is not for the advancement of Twin Pines. Twin Pines exists to assist The Church with its ministry both within the Evangelical Congregational Churches and to other ministries and denominations. We are part of the total Kingdom ministry and as such we will encourage interdependence in the body of Christ to all with whom God gives us the privilege to minister. We will share our time, talent and treasure with all ministries and churches with whom we share in ministry.
TWIN PINES' VISION
Twin Pines' vision is to provide quality facilities and opportunities where people can get away from the noise and confusion of our busy society in order to be still and listen to what God has to say. We will provide the place and the environment where God can speak and God's people can respond to His call and espouse a worldview where Christ is the center of every aspect of life.